That all North Alabama families find a breastfeeding relationship that fulfills the needs of our children, our future.
Elizabeth Dunaway B.S., LMT, IBCLC is a Licensed Massage Therapist (1998), an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (2011), and La Leche League Leader (2001). In Elizabeth's private practice, she mixes lactation education and bodywork for mother and baby. She is the co- founder of Connections Breastfeeding with Stacy Ramirez. Connections Breastfeeding has been instrumental in supporting lactation education efforts in North Alabama and opened the first Milk Bank Depot in the state. Elizabeth grew up in New Orleans, LA and has lived in 8 different states with her Army husband, Richard, and their "Krewe" of four breastfed children. They now live in Northern Alabama and pretend that the US Space and Rocket Center is the best place ever, but they really like going to the beach.
Stacy Ramirez, RN, IBCLC has been a registered nurse since 1996 and a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant since 2010. Most of her 20 years nursing experience has been working in Women and Children's Health Services. She recently retired as a La Leche League Leader, where she served on the local and area level for 12 years. Stacy and her husband Moises, relocated to Madison, AL in 2004, where they are busy raising their 5 school aged children. Stacy began working at Madison Hospital when they opened in 2012. She enjoys helping mothers reach their breastfeeding goals and providing the leadership to grow the lactation program at the hospital. Stacy co-founded Connections Breastfeeding with Elizabeth Dunaway in 2013.
To create CONNECTIONS in northern Alabama between our families and community healthcare providers in accordance with international breastfeeding organizations.
What We've Achieved
- Hosted Kendal Cox, BA, IBCLC, RLC breastfeeding conference in Madison AL, 2013.
- Hosted community event Pajama Party, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Hosted Breastmilk: The Movie at UAH in Huntsville AL, 2014.
- Hosted Dr. Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC breastfeeding conference in Birmingham AL, 2015.
- Spoke at Huntsville Hospital Perinatal conference, 2015.
- Opened the 1st Depot in the state for the Mothers Milk bank of AL, 2015.
- Spoke at Vanderbilt University, Leader Development Seminar, 2015.
- Opened 2nd Depot site for N.AL at A Nurturing Moment in Huntsville, 2016.
- Opened 3rd Depot site for N.AL with Amanda at The Baby's Room in Florence, AL
- Hosted Dr. Nils Bergman, MD, MPH, PhD. conference Birmingham AL, 2016.